Effective Date: January 12, 2017
EZLinQ collects information about Company or Driver when Company or Driver use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the "Services") and through other interactions and communications Company or Driver have with us.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement ("Statement") applies to persons or registered companies anywhere in Canada who use our apps or Services to request transportation, delivery, or other on-demand services ("Users").
Collection of Information
Information Company or Driver or Company Provide to Us
We collect information Company or Driver or company provide directly to us, such as when Company or Driver create or modify Driver account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information Company or Driver choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Driver Use of Our Services
When Company or Driver use our Services, we collect information about Company or Driver in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When Company or Driver use the Services for transportation or delivery, we collect precise location data about the trip from the EZLinQ app used by the Driver. If Company or Driver permit the EZLinQ app to access location services through the permission system used by Driver mobile operating system ("platform"), we may also collect the precise location of Driver device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive Driver approximate location from Driver IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to Driver use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses Driver promo code, we may associate Driver name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about Driver mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and verions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Drivers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties' phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When Company or Driver interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service Company or Driver were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without Driver consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining Driver consent. The iOS platform will alert Company or Driver the first time the EZLinQ app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let Company or Driver consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify Company or Driver of the permissions that the EZLinQ app seeks before Company or Driver first use the app, and Driver use of the app constitutes Driver consent. Sometimes these permissions require more explanation than the platforms themselves provide, and the permissions we request will change over time, so we've created these pages to serve as authoritative and up-to-date resources for our users.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If Company or Driver choose to link, create, or log in to Driver EZLinQ account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Walleor social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if Company or Driver engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about Company or Driver or Driver connections from that site or app.
- When Company or Driver request on demand services, our Drivers may provide us with a User rating after providing services to Company or Driver.
- If Company or Driver also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Driver or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from Company or Driver in Driver capacity as a User or company.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about Company or Driver to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services Company or Driver request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Drivers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages.
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Send or facilitate communications (between Company or Driver and a company, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs).
- Send Company or Driver communications we think will be of interest to Company or Driver, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of EZLinQ and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards.